Thursday 2 May 2013

....and Relax

If anyone had said to me at the start of the season that Charlton would end up in the top half of the Championship I would have snapped their hands off.  So it was extremely pleasing to note that we secured our place with a number of games to go and even had a faint whiff of making the playoffs.

Despite this I still caught myself wondering once or twice what if we had managed to hold on to our 1-0 lead at our first game of the season against Birmingham and various other times that we had conceded injury time goals.

I also have to admit to a sneaking suspicion that we might just have snuck into the playoffs this year as it would be sods law that I have a long standing engagement on the particular dates these are played.

So we can sit back and relax on Saturday as the other teams below us fight to retain their Championship survival, while others have the more enviable task of qualifying for the playoffs.  I know it certainly won’t be a calm lunchtime for many rival fans.  The fact that there is so much to play for on the last day shows just how exciting and tough this division is, and that it has no respect for reputation, just pure gutsy and determined play. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The changes in players began earlier than expected at Charlton on Wednesday, with John Sullivan and Yado Mambo announcing on Twitter that they would be leaving the club.  The rumour mill has already started about other changes at the Valley but we will have to see how generous Uncle Tony is with the purse strings.  Although there have been signs that Dany N’Guessan will leave Millwall this summer, I firmly believe that we have moved on from this long term Charlton target, with plenty of options in the current squad, and he will not be joining us.
  
I've been thinking long and hard about what to write about over the coming months and have a few treats in stall for readers.  Watch this space !

No comments:

Post a Comment