Wednesday 3 April 2013

We all know what seagulls do

They either swoop down to pinch your chips or bomb you with unmentionables.  However, it was Charlton that knicked a hard earned point at the Amex stadium last night, drawing 0-0 with Brighton.  The coaching team have obviously done their homework and are to be congratulated for their tactics in what was still a tough game.

I'm afraid I didn't get a ticket for the game so it was good to see that BBC London and Radio Five were concentrating on the Championship last night rather than the Champions League.  My ears were be glued to the radio commentary with a cup of tea and the remnants of my chocolate Easter egg!  The BBC London radio commentator described our defending as the last stand at the Alamo and he wasn't far wrong with all the players putting in a solid performance against a team that I believe is undefeated at home this season.

It is also worth noting that this was Brighton's second highest attendance of the season, no mean feat given it was a Tuesday night.
I was feeling rather pleased about our position in the league table after Saturday's win over Bolton.  However, I think virtually every other game played at the weekend went against us and despite our point last night and 14th position we still need to maintain our composure as the season draws to a close.  I cannot believe how tight things are, with only twleve points separating a playoff position from relegation.  I can see everyone from Birmingham in 11th to Peterborough currently in 23rd (but on a 7 game unbeaten run) vying to remain up.

While looking up last night's game I noticed that Brighton produce a DVD of each home match
www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/dvd/season-201213-matchday-home-dvds

and wondered why Charlton don't produce one of these before my brain kicked in about our home form this season.  However, for those memorable games such as against Cardiff this is a nice idea.

We move on to face Leeds this Saturday, without Neil Warnock.  This is the third time this season that we will be facing a team that have just sacked thier manager.  Let's hope it doesn't buoy their team up too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment