Wednesday 20 February 2013

Yann's Revenge

Unfortunately my other half is a Gooner so I was on Champions League duty last night rather than listening to the Charlton commentary, and what a sorry game that was.


Photo from @CAFCofficial
 However, thanks to the miracles of modern technology that is Twitter and the tireless work of the Charlton media team and others (more later) i had a good rolling commentary of the action, then a quick dash home to watch all one minute and thirty nine seconds of the action on sky sports news.

I watched the game in a pub in Greenwich and got some very odd stares when I started fist pumping when Yanns goal went in and there were various mutterings about my allegiances.  The pub shall remain nameless but if you are going to show the football on the big screen please show the staff how to put the sound on!

The statistics show that Leicester dominated the game but I am pleased that the team converted their chances when they had them.  I was very pleased to see that the curse of the former player came to haunt Leicester and the fact that Yann still didn't celebrate makes him even more of a man in my eyes.

My twitter followings of choice for the match experience were as follows:-
@CAFCofficial are amazing with their output.  As well as tweeting on the commentary and the live match blog, they had photos, match report and all the rest completed by the time they were tucked up in bed, which by my reckoning was about 4am so that's dedication to the cause!
@CAFClive for alternative commentary

For richness and the best posts I like the following:-

@peterfinch46 of Meridian fame
@BigDL our match day man with the mic who seems to have recovered from his man flu
@HungryTed who also has a great blog which I thoroughly recommend
@MattJarvisCAFC - for choice cutting quips

The general #cafc tag is useful for colour but the retweets from some of the above provide the best of those if you don't fancy getting bogged down in tweets.

In between the Charlton action Danny Baker (@prodnose) provided a lot of light hearted entertainment having a right dig at Arsenal.  One wonders why he was not at the Millwall game (or if he was why was he not concentrating on it)....hmmm, see below for a clue

I noticed that two upcoming opponents Forest (v Huddersfield) and Peterborough (away to Millwall) had a bit of a goal fest last night winning 6-1 and 5-1 respectively, so the boys have been put on notice.
Although it was a Tuesday I noticed that the attendance at Millwall slipped below the 9,000 mark last night for the first time in the league. 

I will publish more about Peterborough nearer the time, with a run down on the team (who I have seen a number of times) and some recommendations for those of you who enjoy a decent pint of bitter.  In the meantime lets hope we can repeat last night's performance on Saturday

COYR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment