Monday 11 February 2013

Brum Deal

Well as I have previously said there are plenty of bloggers who can provide a more poignant view of the match than me, especially by the time I have managed to post this.  By Monday I'd like to think that we've all settled down and are now looking forward to the next game.

However, apart from the result (remember we didn't lose!) I did enjoy the game.  Kermogant was as tireless as ever, Fuller really showed his class and strength.  Evina is also cementing his place at left back.  I was very proud of the performance and quite surprised that the statistics had Birmingham level pegging with us in the majority of cases.  Goalkeeper Butland really did keep Birmingham in the game.  It appears that the introduction of Dervite was an attempt to change the defencive line up to the one that worked so successfully in the first half against Crystal Palace.  Yet I think it caught the team out and there was little effort to keep hold of the ball in extra time.

I noticed that one Birmingham Blogger is calling for fines for those clubs that don't look after their pitches.  I just hope he doesn't go anywhere near Paddy Powell with a pitchfork!  He apparently has no idea that it is virtually impossible to get seed to grow in these conditions and even new turf has no chance of embedding into the ground.  Just look at the whole sods of turf being ripped up in the France v Wales rugby game.

I also bought my first ever copy of Voice of the Valley http://www.votvonline.com/ and it was great to get some of the background and inside stories on various events that have happened over the past few years. 

Recommended drinking this week is an excellent pint of Trawler Boys Best Bitter from the Green Jack Brewery in Suffolk  http://www.green-jack.com/.  It won the Best Bitter category at last year's Great British Beer Festival and came second in the Champion Beer Award.  Now pouring as a guest ale at the Market Tavern in Mayfair so get it while its available.

By the way does anyone have a recipe for a Blue Saketini cocktail?

No comments:

Post a Comment