Wednesday 27 February 2013

Beer of the week

I am very lucky to have a pub near my work where the landlady uses her discretion to provide an amazing range of beers and lagers that you wouldn’t normally find together.  This ranges from Czech and German lagers, to American craft beers and a number of beers from independent breweries from London and elsewhere.

There are four bitters on hand pump and one of them gets changed quite regularly which means that there is usually something new to try out each time I visit.
Perfect!

This week it was the turn of Monsoon from Leeds Brewery to occupy the prime spot.  It’s the first time I have seen any beer from this particular brewer but the bright label caught my eye and I am a big fan of the recent renaissance in the production of India Pale Ales as they used to be rather than the lower gravity beers that we commonly associate with the term.

There is nothing that I could find on their website to find out any more about the beer  (www.leedsbrewery.co.uk)


The label in the picture suggests its 4.5%.  I checked out a few reviews on line and it looks like it was 4.1% back in September 2010 and 2011The beer has the classic IPA style, pale and golden in colour with a distinct hoppy aroma.  It has a strong taste that warns you of its heritage.

Unfortunately the Leeds Brewery’s trendy new app tells me that the nearest pub for a regular pint is in Lincolnshire so I better get back to my local for a few more before its all gone!

On an unrelated note can I ask all beer lovers to voice their concerns about the beer escalator tax by visiting the following sites saveyourpint.co.uk mashbeertax.org or writing to your own MP

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment