Wednesday 23 January 2013

Welcome to one and all !

I've been meaning to do this for ages but only recently got my thoughts together.  I'm a Charlton fan living on the North side of the Thames, hence the name of my blog. Hoping to provide a bit of level headed insight into being a Charlton fan, good ports of call for real ale and reasoned opinion on the odd topic or two.

Kicking off, I had to go to the Channel Islands on Monday, which despite the snow and Network Rail's best efforts at not keeping the tracks de-iced I managed!  Gatwick airport is to be congratulated on their new boarding card scanners which undoubtedly sped up the check in process and  ensured that I made my flight.  However, I still have to have a moan about the endless and unnecessary meandering route that you have to take through the duty free to get to the departure lounge.  At eight in the morning alcohol and perfume are not a top priority on my mind.

Anyway, meetings in the Channel Islands were successful and gave me a chance to try out a libation in a local hostelry in St Peters Port, Guernsey where I found this little beauty
The pub in question was the White Hart run by Liberation brewery based in the Channel Islands.  Light in colour, hoppy and well looked after, I do recommend it.  Good menu at the White Hart too, with a mix of standard pub grub with a twist and more upmarket dishes with a nod to the local seafood.  It was a shame they did not have any of the other Liberation beers on tap at the time but I for one will be back.
If anyone is interested their range can be found here :-
Liberation Brewery's range of beers

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment