Tuesday 29 January 2013

Transfer tension or transfer tedium?

I'm getting bored of the January transfer window now.  Its disrupting my work as regular updates from the BBC sports day breaking news page and newsnow.com reveal that all our rumoured targets have gone elsewhere.

Wordsworth has gone to Ipswich, Rob Hulse (who I liked) has gone to Millwall and Villa haven't come in again for Stephens.  There were ugly rumours that Anton Ferdinand was going to join us but I am pleased that one didn't pan out.

Reasons for the lack of activity could be highlighted in the annual report which showed a high level of salaries to turnover and the following comment attributed to Michael Slater by @MiniFinchy on Twitter from the Charlton VIP supporters meeting that salaries for Frimpong, Hulse and Seabourne had ruined the budget.

I have already had my say, in a previous blog, that I would like to see George Boyd from Peterboro come in.  He is available and I don't believe he would be that expensive.  Having said that, with everyone fit I think we have a pretty decent team.

Oh well here's to February and lets give the Palace a stuffing on Saturday with our existing team !!

No comments:

Post a Comment